Surgery Supplement Kit
Nutrifuel® Surgical Supplements are a potential buffer to the nutritional stressors resulting from the trauma of surgery or medical disorders. Unique to the market, Nutrifuel® Surgical Supplement Kit is carefully designed and formulated to provide the highest degree of preparation and recovery from surgical procedures, major illness, or injury. Surgical patients who have used our kits have experienced improved recovery, immune function, and wound healing post op.
Important: Make sure to consult with your healthcare provider; this kit could be covered by your HSA (Health Savings Account).
The Nutrifuel® Surgical Supplement Kit contains the following supplements and vitamins that are beneficial to take before and after surgery as well as for your overall health.
- Amino Complete
- Vitamin D3 Restore
- Osteo Health Complete
- EFA Restore
- Digestive Support
- Probiotic Plus
- Immuno Support
For more information on the benefits of these Nutrifuel® Surgical Supplements, click here.
FAQs about Surgery Supplements
The Nutrifuel® Surgical Supplement Kit contains the following supplements to help with your overall health and nutrition. This kit can be a critical component of your health care program before and after surgery to speed the healing process.
- Amino Complete – Unique broad-spectrum amino acid formula.
- Vitamin D3 Restore – Supplies 2,000 IU per drop of vitamin D3 as a micro-emulsion for enhanced absorption and utilization, which is particularly important for those with malabsorption conditions.
- Osteo Health Complete – This multivitamin supplies a wide array of essential and important nutrients to assist in the preservation of existing bone mineral mass and protein matrix and to support repair mechanisms.
- EFA Restore – A unique blend of the highest quality borage, flaxseed and fish oils, providing a balanced blend, in optimal ratios of omega-3, 6, and 9 essential fatty acids. These fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and can act as a blood thinning agent to protect against blood clots.
- Digestive Support – Provides a combination of B6, betaine hydrochloride, glutamic acid, ammonium hydrochloride, pepsin and pancreatin to possibly promote optimal digestive function. Patients often deal with digestive related side effects after surgery from a deficiency in hydrochloric acid. These symptoms can include heartburn, gas, bloating, or diarrhea. In order to heal efficiently, the body needs to absorb and assimilate proteins, vitamins and minerals, and digestive support can play a critical role in helping your digestive system.
- Probiotic Plus – a specific blend of 3 prebiotics and 7 probiotics to ensure optimal colonization with bacterial strains recognized for their bioactivity. The probiotic blend in Probiotic Plus is designed to optimize your “gut” wellness by assisting with returning “gut flora” back to their normal state to aid in digestion after surgery.
- Immuno Support – A complex plant-based sugar, a polysaccharide used as a prebiotic and dietary fiber that has the potential to promote the health of the immune system. Maintaining your immune system is critical when recovering from surgery, illness, or injury. Immuno Support is designed to help your body's immune system function at its best.
For preoperative supplements, we recommend taking the supplements in our kit 14 to 21 days before surgery. The supplements will help with your overall health prior to surgery to help with your post-surgery recovery. It is important to review the supplement list with your doctor prior to surgery.
For post-op supplements, take the supplements in our surgical kit for 15 days following your procedure or until gone. Each of the supplements in our surgical kit plays a role in the body’s nutritional building blocks. The healthy fats in EFA restore and proteins in Osteo Health Complete and Amino Complete work together to aid the body’s healing process.
How you will reduce swelling after surgery will depend on the type and location of the surgery. Generally speaking, you can reduce swelling after surgery by doing postoperative exercises like ankle pumps as well as elevating your arms or legs on a pillow for 1 – 2 hours. As soon as you are able, you should start walking to prevent blood clots or pneumonia.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), commonly found in citrus fruits, can help you heal faster. It is essential to the production of collagen and has the potential to scavenge free radicals or agents that cause damage to living tissues. Preventing this damage can improve the healing potential of tissues affected by surgery. Zinc is another vitamin that complements vitamin C in the healing of wounds and helping the body heal. It acts to support the production of collagen and the production of other wound proteins.
Vitamin D is a powerhouse when it comes to bone healing. It is critical for the balance of calcium in our bodies as well as many other critical processes. Vitamin K complements vitamin D by helping the bones to absorb calcium and become mineralized. The processing and absorption of vitamin D and vitamin K in the body can help your bones heal after surgery.
Zinc is a critical component of our body's many internal processes. It is beneficial for healing after surgery because it is essential in the production of hormones and proteins encouraging the growth and maintenance of tissues critical to life.
Turmeric has the potential to affect the clotting of blood, so the current recommendation is to stop taking turmeric at least 10- 14 days before surgery. It is important to discuss the supplements you are taking with your medical doctor before surgery.
The adequate intake of macronutrients like proteins and healthy fats will improve healing after surgery. Proteins provide the amino acids required for normal wound healing. Healthy fats used in the right combination with proteins and carbohydrates provide an excellent clean-burning fuel source for recovery.
A patient should consider holding fatty acid supplements and turmeric for a minimum 5-days before surgery. It is important to discuss which supplements not to take before surgery with the individual’s medical doctors and hospital personnel.
The speed of healing is affected by so many bodily processes. Optimizing your diet with live, healthy foods is critical to healing. That said a compilation of supplements like those in Nutrifuel® Nutrition’s Surgical Supplement Kit touch on the many processes critical for wound healing, immune system optimization, and more normal functioning of a patient’s gastrointestinal tract.
Medical Disclaimer: While nutritional supplementation has the potential to provide health benefits, it should be done under the guidance of your healthcare professional. If you’re currently taking prescription medications or other pharmaceuticals, consult with the prescribing doctor before using the supplement. If you are engaged in other medical treatments, contact your healthcare professional for guidance regarding possible interactions and conflicts involving your treatment, drugs, or pharmaceuticals and the supplements you are planning to take.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.